Wednesday 16 January 2013

The rebirth...

Heard that boy standing before me with a full beard,
Absent of sanity, or maybe being a lack of maturity
It is you that is ugly, not what God fashioned,
but what you've created yourself
That which needs to die to give birth to another one,
another one like me
Same as I see in the mirror,yet not the same
Chastise this heart of mine with desires like a wild vine,
like a fire, yet for fear of being called a boy, I dare not whine
So divine is what we all wish it would be, but no it be a beast
Its life force poured out like wine
But yet or maybe to give life to that which will be called divine
Still that boy stands before me in a full beard...

Heard that girl standing before me with a full body
Absent of clarity, or maybe being a lack of maturity
disembodied voice, fashioned from the same stone,
yet marred in its form Verity born out of death,
the birth of another one, another one like me
Kindred souls that sing the same song, but to each a different tune
Chastise this heart of mine with wisdom,
awaken my soul from this wild dream,
Suffocating,
yet for fear of being called a child, i dare not scream
Yearning for divine lucidity, but still it mocks me wolfishly
Perhaps a knowing smile to the end of this iniquity,
hope rekindles within this tortured soul
But still that girl stands before me with a full body

Vile thoughts that subdue his mind, invasive and unforgiving
Thoughts that threaten to expose me,
redemption is my craving desire
fixed on that tide of salvation, his need to escape so dire
Two halves of the same heart, but in her eyes a darkness lies
A darkness he sees for the same he feels
hidden in the gloom of my soul
From this soul, a light within,
a saviour to pull her from this hole
And so he digs for truth like a mole,
with thoughts of that girl standing before him in a full body
Clarity born from maturity, like a phoenix from the ashes they stand
reborn, recreated....









by McNorris Hakata and Wilhelmine Wachter http://thewritemonkey.blogspot.com

2 comments: